The ultrasound tortuosity meter (or ultrasound refractometer) is designed to obtain reliable measurements of tortuosity and characteristic lengths of a wide range of porous materials typically used in noise control. The system uses both ultrasound reflection and transmission methods with 1 or 2 gas (2 gas is optional).
TWO GASES TOR SPECIFICATIONS
The Two Gas option includes measurement in air and helium.
- The combination of the measurements makes it possible to compute the viscous characteristic length as well as the thermal characteristic length;
- Advanced measurement, signal processing and post-processing for better accuracy;
- Method based on several scientific research [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7].
Mecanum’s ultrasound tortuosity meter is used by the world’s leading material suppliers to both the automotive and aircraft industry for:
- Quality control in the manufacturing process of materials;
- Research, development, and innovation;
- Feeding acoustical prediction software dealing with sound absorbing materials.
The system includes two air-coupled ultrasound transducers, one high voltage pulser/receiver system, specimen holders, USB-DAQ and the TOR-X software. The TOR-X software assists the experimenter during the measurement and calculates the statistics on the measurement of tortuosity and equivalent length. Two ultrasound methods are included: reflection and transmission. The system works with disc shaped samples. To obtain viscous and thermal characteristic lengths, a two-gas method is available as an option.
Main advantages of the product
Other Mecanum’s Related Products
|Porous material slicer||Circular cutter||Enviro Weather station||FOAM-X||Tube-X|
 J.-F. Allard, B. Castagnède, M. Henry, W. Lauriks, “Evaluation of tortuosity in acoustic porous materials saturated by air,” Rev Sci. Instrum. 65, 754–755 (1994).